Friday, October 23, 2009

Stealing Wi-Fi

I know I owe y'all some pictures, but bear with me...

After HBP left the boats, I stuck around to see if teams would miss the 3pm cut-off, and yes they did!  It was hard to watch as the race folks informed them that they would be penalized 1 cp for every minute they were late.  In other words, the teams who more than five minutes late were now back down to 0 checkpoints!  Ouch!  It was hard to watch so I left. 

I got lost on my way to the next bike drop because I lost my map (good thing I'm not racing!).  I stumbled across a team on bikes so I just followed them in to the bike drop.  As I pulled up, there were the pink jerseys (and yes, HBP is the only team here with pink jerseys).  They looked a lot warmer and happier now as you can see in the picture.  They picked up 2 more CP's along the way and are now headed off on a relatively short trek.

Oh yeah, I'm without cell phone recption right now but have managed to find a wi-fi signal  coming from "Big John's House" out here in the middle of nowhere...no sign of any civilization....hmmm?  Thanks Big John, wherever you are!

No comments: